Dear Parents/Guardians of Fr. Henri J. M. Nouwen CES,
I would like to welcome all families to the 2022-2023 academic school year. Notwithstanding the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, I am grateful and hopeful to be serving this community and your children as we embark on a new school year at FHN. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Joeanne Bortolussi and I will be the acting Principal at FHN during Mrs. Scenna-Cozzoli’s absence. I am a recently retired Principal, previously serving the St. Michael the Archangel CES school community and I am excited to assist and open the school for you and to meet your children.
I will be sending emails through School Messenger to update you on significant school events and I would kindly ask you to refer to the school website https://fhn.ycdsb.ca for updates and pertinent information.
Please review the following important notes:
- Kindly take the time to review the 2022-2023 COVID-19 Health and Safety Measures – Families
- Students and staff should perform daily COVID-19 screening before arriving at school using the The Provincial Screening Tool has been revised as of August 31, 2022
- The screening tool provides direction on how long to stay home and how long to wear a mask; follow the most recent screening tool’s direction
- Masks are welcomed for those who wish to wear them, but masking is optional
- Rapid Antigen Tests will continue to be provided to staff and students “upon request” or upon return from an absence due to illness (i.e. having experienced COVID-19 symptoms)
- Hand sanitizer will continue to be provided and the expectation for practicing proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette will remain in effect
Please note that the first day of school is Wednesday, September 7, 2022. You may access the YCDSB School Calendar 2022-2023 School Year Calendar. Families will receive an email indicating class placements on Monday, September 5, 2022, and any other pertinent information regarding the first day of school.
We pray to our Lord Jesus Christ to protect us as we embark on this new school year.